The name Chenier Motors in Timmins is synonymous with reliability, satisfaction and reasonable prices. In 1944, prosperity seemed imminent for Gil Chenier and fellow founders Ted Byck, Jack Fulton, and S.G. Fowler; opening the Dodge-De-Soto franchise.
Their rationale for success did not include complex business maneuverings. Simply put, they worked hard to learn the needs of customers and boldly forged new renditions of the classic definition of a car dealership.
Expansion took place on several fronts
Since 1944, Chenier Motors has expanded, moving locations, adding top-brands to their stock and redefining customer services. The dealership expanded from the original Dodge-De-Soto franchise to offer a full line of Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram products.
In 1965, Chenier Motors purchased two acres of land on Riverside Drive to accommodate his company’s considerable growth, eventually moving in the early 1970s and later becoming Timmins’ only Jeep, Dodge, Ram & Chrysler dealer.